I bow once again in recognition of Pedego’s ability to produce extraordinary electric bikes. The Interceptor is without a doubt one of my favorite bikes in the shop. The bike blends various traditional styles together into a ride that deserves its own new category of bicycle. Its easy to see why numerous police departments have chosen this bike to add to their fleet of vehicles.
Its hefty geared motor coupled with a 48V battery delivers impressive power and acceleration. Superb braking ability, clean shifting, and your choice of manual or pedal assist modes all combine nicely to deliver a crisp, quality feel. The relaxed cruiser style geometry, jumbo swept back bars, padded seat and grips, and suspension seat post offer up the aforementioned quality in an uber-comfortable fashion. The Interceptor can be thought of as the love child from a marriage between a sporty urban commuter and a classic beach cruiser. Add in the power factor that 48 volts brings to the mix and you have a very capable, enjoyable machine.
If you’re looking for a very comfortable and very strong bike to tackle all your daily needs including steeper hills and possibly pulling a trailer or a tag-along kid’s bike, the Pedego Interceptor could very well be the bike for you.
Power and Range
- 500 watt geared rear motor
- Top speed – 20 mph
- Manual throttle option
- 5 levels of pedal assist
- 48V 10AH removable, lockable lithium ion battery
- 3 amp smart charger (3-4 hour charge time)
- LCD display console w/USB Charge Port
- Range: 30-50 miles*
Gearing and Stopping
- Shimano Acera 7 speeds
- Avid BB-7 Disc Brakes
Comfort & Appearance
- 6061 aluminum frame with integrated rear rack
- Cruiser style handlebars & Promax stem
- Suspension seat post
- Premium padded grips
- Premium padded saddle
- 26” Schwalbe Fat Frank tires
- Classic frame style available in black, brushed silver, lime green, neon orange, neon blue, red
- Step through frame style available in black, white, lime green, neon orange, coral, seafoam green
- Puncture resistance inner tube sealant
- Headlight & tail light
- Alloy side kickstand
- Alloy cage pedals
Weight & Warranty
- 2 yrs.
- 59 lbs.