Finally, a Fully Customizable Electric Cruiser!
The Electric Bike Company (or EBCo, as we’ve been calling them around the shop) is famous in the Bay Area for their attractive, personalized line of sturdy electric bikes. We’re bringing them to the Rogue Valley after working on a pair of them because they’re comfortable, beautiful, and come with an excellent warranty.
Electric Bike Company’s web-based Bike Building Tool lets you make something entirely unique. They offer a wide variety of frame shapes and colors. There are plenty of add-on features – including an optional set of gorgeous wood fenders. Our associates are excited to assist you in navigating their websites cornucopia of options while designing Your Ride, Your Way. Our choice? Red, Black and White for our SOU Raiders… but we’re thinking something Pink and Green for our next one – because we can.
The ‘Model Y’ sports an attractive basket-mounted battery design that allows for an eBike that looks (and feels) more like a classic cruiser. It has 26″ wheels, a plush seat and a low step through. It’s ideal for anyone looking for something easy-to-use but with a bit of get-up-and-go. An electric assist range of 40 miles-per-charge comes standard and they offer an optional 80 miles-per-charge upgrade. We chose the 7-speed model – which we’d recommend for Ashland’s hills – but you could just as easily stick with a single-speed electric assist if you’re just commuting around Medford.
In addition to a completely unique-looking ride, EBCo offers a generous ten-year warranty on their motors – which they boast is built to last over 18 years.
Power and Motion
- Up to 1000W 48v Rear Hub Motor
- Up to 28mph With Pedal Assist
- 9 or 18 Ah Lithium-Ion NMC battery
- 3-4 hours from empty to a full charge on the 3.5A Super Charger
- Cadence Sensing Pedal Assist and Thumb Throttle
- Range: 40-80 miles (depending on riding style, terrain, rider weight, and pedal assist level, battery choice)
- Direct (single-speed) OR optional 7-speed
- 58T Chainring, 170mm Cranks
- Integrated anti-theft alarm
- Optional GPS tracker
- 5-Star Hydraulic Disc Brakes with integrated motor-cutoff-switch
- 6061 Aluminum Low-Step Frame
- Chain guard
Comfort & Appearance
- Fully Customizable Color Palette for frame, rims, chain guard, basket, fenders
- Easy-to-read LED screen
- Hand-stitched faux-leather Handle-grips and Seat
- Optional Suspension Fork – 80mm travel with Lockout
- Optional suspension seatpost
- 27″ Steel Cruiser Handlebars
- Integrated headlight and taillight
- Front and Rear Fenders – Optional Wood
- Schwalbe Fat Frank E-Cruiser 26″ Tires (black or brown)
Weight & Warranty
- Max Load: 300lbs.
- 58lbs Total Weight
- 10 yr. Motor Warranty
- 5 yr. Battery Warranty