The GSD by Tern is the ultimate Get-Stuff-Done cargo electric bike. It is designed to fit riders between 4’11” and 6’5″, making it the ultimate mini-van replacement. Hauling heavy loads long distances has never been more effortless on a bike. Tern offers a wide variety of accessories to better haul your groceries, pets or children. The compact design and low center of gravity offer a stable and reliable ride no matter how much you’re carrying – or how wiggly your passengers. Tern also equipped the GSD with a dedicated trailer mount. Combine that with a step-thru frame and you’ve got a bike that is easy to mount and dismount – even for shorter riders. Loading and unloading is made easy with the Atlas Lockstand – no wobble, no muss.
The Bosch Cargo-Line motor and low wheel base let you haul upwards of 440lbs and the 85Nm of torque makes uphill feel like downhill. Combine that power with a 1000Wh dual-battery powerpack and you’ve got a mode of transportation that will not quit.
When you’re done for the day, folding handlebars ensure that the GSD is easy to store and transport; it fits in most SUVs and takes up the floorspace of a large potted plant.
Power and Motion
- Bosch Cargo Line Motor, 400% Assist, 85 Nm Torque,
- Up to 20 mph With Pedal Assist
- Bosch single or dual-battery system (500/1000Wh)
- 4A, 100-240V smart charger
- Up to 64 mile range per charge (128mi dual battery)
- Shimano Deore 10-speed drive train, 11-35T Cassette
- LCD display thumb control panel
- Integrated 700 Lumen headlight
- RearStop brake light
- Magura MT5, 4-piston hydraulic disc brakes
- Magura MT5 e-stop, hydraulic, with motor cutoff sensor
- Atlas Lockstand w/ Remote Unlock
Comfort & Appearance
- 6061-Aluminum Frame with patented MultiTruss design, EFBE Tri-Test approved
- 69.3 × 15.9 × 34.3 inches when folded
- Bosch Purion LCD display
- Suntour custom suspension fork
- Adjustable and foldable handlebar stem
- Ergon grips
- Schwalbe Big Apple X 20” x 2.15″ tires
- Integrated front and rear lights
- SKS fenders
- Ursus rear kickstand
- Available in Dragonfruit Pink and School Bus Yellow
Weight & Warranty
- Max Load: 440 lbs.
- 74 lbs Total Weight
- 2-year warranty on the drive unit, 2-year on the battery
- 5-year warranty on the frame, and 1-year warranty on other components excluding wear-and-tear parts